Ingredients Needed for Stuffed Turkey Breast With Apple and Cranberry Hot Sauce
1 tablespoon butter
1 onion, chopped
1 celery stalk, finely sliced
½ cup wild rice
1 cup water
½ cup goji berries
3 tablespoons of sour cream
1 pound turkey breast
15 bacon slices
3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 apple, peeled and diced
1 cup cranberry sauce
1 teaspoon chili flakes
1 teaspoon garam masala powder
1.25 inches of ginger root, peeled and chopped in 4 – 5 pieces
¼ cup orange juice
How to Make Stuffed Turkey Breast With Apple and Cranberry Hot Sauce
- Melt the butter in a skillet, add 1/2 chopped onion and the chopped celery, stir and fry until tender. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Add the brown rice and water, cover the pan and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Add the goji and stir it in. Add the sour cream, mix, and make sure the rice is cooked through. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F / 175 degrees C.
- Stuffing the turkey breast:
- Place the turkey breast on your cutting board, butterfly it, then add the rice mixture on one half of it.
- Fold the other half over the coated one then cover the whole stuffed turkey breast with slices of bacon.
- Season the whole thing with salt and pepper.
- Place the stuffed turkey breast in a baking dish. Drizzle about 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil over it and bake for 45 minutes.
- The sauce:
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a skillet and start frying the diced apple, while stirring often.
- Add 1/2 cup (125 ml) of cranberry sauce, the remaining onion, chili flakes, garam masala powder, ginger, and orange juice. Keep stirring while you add the ingredients.
- As the mix starts bubbling up add the rest of the cranberry sauce and mix. Cover the pan and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Remove the ginger pieces from the pan using a pair of kitchen tweezers and set the pan aside.
- Serve the stuffed turkey sliced on a plate together with some cranberry sauce.