Ingredients Needed for Stuffed Eggplant Topped With Cheese
4 tablespoons of olive oil
1 tablespoon parsley, diced
3 ounces of mozzarella
3 ounces of cheddar cheese
¼ cup walnut, chopped
How to Cook Stuffed Eggplant Topped With Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 340 degrees F/170 degrees C.
- Cut the eggplants in half, lengthwise.
- Put the halves into a baking tray. Season them with salt, pepper, and a few drops of olive oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Use a scoop or a spoon to remove the inside of each eggplant half.
- Dice the eggplant pulp, the onion, and the tomato.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a skillet.
- Cook the onion until it turns translucent.
- Crush the garlic and add it in the skillet. Add the tomato and the diced eggplant pulp.
- Add salt, pepper, and parsley. Cook all the ingredients together for around 8-10 minutes.
- Stuff the eggplant halves with the cooked mixture.
- Shred the mozzarella and the Cheddar cheese. Add a layer of shredded mozzarella and one of shredded Cheddar on each eggplant.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes at 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Before you serve them, sprinkle them with some chopped walnuts.