Stuffed Crust Pizza
A pizza with a twist. Other than the usual topping, this pizza comes with a stuffing into the crust. Make the rim cheesy with plenty of grated mozzarella and flavor it with basil leaves and tomato paste. For the topping, red onion, cherry tomatoes, and salami will do the job.
Ingredients Needed for Stuffed Crust Pizza
flour for dusting
8 ounces of pizza dough
1 cup tomato paste
fresh basil leaves
1 cup low moisture mozzarella, grated
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 red onion, chopped
3 ounces of cherry tomatoes
1 spring onion, chopped
3 ounces of salami, thinly sliced
How to Make Stuffed Crust Pizza
- Dust the work surface with flour and flatten the pizza dough using the rolling pin.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and transfer the pizza dough on it.
- Add the tomato paste along the pizza dough’s edge and evenly spread it in a 1 – 1 1/2-inch thick circle. Add the basil leaves and then the grated mozzarella, following the circle’s rim.
- Roll once the dough’s edge, taking care to completely wrap the tomato and cheese filling. A fairly thick rim forms this way.
- Cover the flat center of the pizza with the olive oil using a brush. Add the red onion, cherry tomatoes, mozzarella, spring onion, and top with the salami slices. Bake for 30 minutes at 430⁰F/220⁰C.