Ingredients Needed for Strawberry Rhubarb Mini Pies
3.5 ounces of frozen strawberries, thawed
3.5 ounces of frozen rhubarb
1 cup of sugar
½ teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
1 cup flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon butter, melted
1 tablespoon cream cheese
1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
1 tablespoon powdered sugar
How to Cook Strawberry Rhubarb Mini Pies
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F/200 degrees C.
- Put the strawberries, rhubarb, 1/2 a cup (100 grams) of sugar, cinnamon, and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Mix to combine everything.
- Add 1 tablespoon of flour and mix it in.
- Put the remaining flour in a medium bowl.
- Add the remaining sugar, baking powder, the butter (both melted and solid), and the cream cheese, then mix.
- Flour your work surface and knead the dough, then spread it.
- Cut 4 rectangular or round sheets of dough, depending on the baking dishes you’ll use.
- Take 4 rectangular small baking dishes (or ramekins) and equally divide the strawberry mixture into them.
- Cover each pot with one dough sheet.
- Place the small baking dishes in a larger one, then pour water into the last.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let them cool.
- Before serving, sift some powdered sugar on/over them.