Ingredients Needed for Strawberry Jam French Toast
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons of milk
4 bread slices
3.5 ounces of frozen strawberries, thawed
⅓ cup white sugar
1 teaspoon orange blossom water
How to Make Strawberry Jam French Toast
- Put the eggs, cinnamon, and vanilla extract in a bowl and whisk them together.
- Add the milk and whisk.
- Add a good splash of vegetable oil in a skillet and heat it.
- Soak the crustless bread slices in the egg mixture, one by one.
- Fry the bread slices on both sides in vegetable oil until they start to brown on the edges.
- In a separate skillet or saucepan add the thawed strawberries and cook them until they start to slightly boil.
- Add the white sugar and the orange blossom water, mash some strawberries but keep some of them whole. Cook a few more minutes until you get a jam.
- Cut each French toast into halves.
- Serve 2 French toast slices for one serving (meaning 4 halves).
- Make a French toast tower and serve with strawberry jam and whipping cream.