Ingredients Needed for Squash, Walnut and Cheese Rolls
8 ounces of butternut squash
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon chili flakes
1 teaspoon thyme
1 ounce walnut, chopped
2 ounces of stilton cheese
1 tablespoon breadcrumbs
7 ounces of shortcrust pastry
1 egg, whisked
black sesame seeds
How to Cook Squash, Walnut and Cheese Rolls
- Preheat the oven to 400°F/200°C.
- Slice the butternut squash into sticks.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and add the butternut sticks.
- Pour olive oil and season with chili flakes, thyme, and salt.
- Roast the squash for the next 45 minutes. Don’t turn off the heat.
- Place it in a large bowl, and add the stilton cheese, walnuts, and breadcrumbs.
- Mix everything and mash with a fork.
- Dust your working surface with flour. Level the pastry with a rolling pin, until it is around 0.2 inches (0.5 cm) thick.
- Split the pastry in 4 equal strips, slicing it vertically.
- Spread the squash mixture in the middle of each strip, leaving around 0.4 inches (1 cm) empty space on the sides. Spread whisked egg over them. Keep some for later. Start from the sides and roll towards the opposite end. Slice each strip in 4 small strips.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and add the rolls. Spread whisked egg over them and top with sesame seeds.
- Lay the rolls into the oven for the next 35 minutes.