Ingredients Needed for Squash, Bacon and Cheese Pizza
1 ½ cups of flour
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dry yeast
½ cup water
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 tablespoons of honey
8 ounces of butternut squash, small cubes
2 teaspoons of vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
3 slices of bacon, chopped
2 teaspoons of butter
¼ apple, cubed
½ teaspoon cumin powder
½ teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon tomato paste
½ cup cheddar, shredded
1 ounce gorgonzola
How to Make Squash, Bacon and Cheese Pizza
- Add the flour in a large bowl. Add the salt, dry yeast, pour the water, olive oil, and 1 tablespoon of honey.
- Use your hands to mix the ingredients, mixing vigorously, until you obtain a smooth dough.
- Let it rise for 60 minutes.
- Add the squash in a baking dish and drizzle 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil over it.
- Slide the dish into the oven and cook the squash for the next 15 minutes at 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Heat the remaining oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook it until translucent.
- Add the chopped bacon and cook it for 2 minutes.
- Move the mixture over a paper towel and pat it dry.
- Heat the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the apple and the remaining honey.
- Season with cumin, chili powder, cinnamon, and tomato paste.
- Give it a good stir and add the bacon and onion mixture. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Roll the dough with a rolling pin until you obtain a round shape, approximately 12 inches (30 cm) in diameter. Lay the pizza dough on the parchment paper.
- Top it with the bacon and onion mixture and the diced roasted squash.
- Top the pizza with shredded Cheddar, gorgonzola, and sage.