Ingredients Needed for Squash and Spinach Lasagna
For the squash filling:
10 ounces of diced butternut squash, baked
3.5 ounces of ricotta
2 tablespoons of milk
½ teaspoon nutmeg
1 garlic clove, crushed
For the spinach filling:
6 ounces of ricotta
1 cup mozzarella, shredded
7 ounces of spinach, thawed
2 teaspoons of basil
For the rest:
1 cup parmesan, shredded
3 zucchini, thinly sliced
10 lasagna sheets
How to Cook Squash and Spinach Lasagna
- Add the roasted squash in a large bowl, along with the ricotta, milk, nutmeg, salt, and garlic.
- Set up your blender and blend everything into a smooth mash.
- Leave the mixture aside and in a separate bowl, add ricotta, mozzarella, spinach, basil, salt, and pepper.
- Again, blend everything into a smooth mixture.
- Grab a rectangular lasagna pan (around 10 X 5 inches) and apply a touch of vegetable oil.
- Start assembling the lasagna. Spread 1/4 of the butternut squash mixture on the bottom of the baking tray. Sprinkle a thin layer of parmesan on top. Add a layer of non-overlapping lasagna sheets and top it with the spinach mixture. Sprinkle some more parmesan on top and finish it with around 1/4 of the zucchini slices.
- Use the remaining ingredients to make 3 more lasagna layers.
- Slide the tray into the oven for the next 45 minutes at 350 degrees F/175 degrees C.