Ingredients Needed for Spinach Stuffed Chicken Roll 1 chicken breast
4 tablespoons of spinach, thawed
2 tablespoons of milk
½ cup flour
½ cup breadcrumbs
½ teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoon olive oil
How to Cook Spinach Stuffed Chicken Roll
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Butterfly the chicken breast – slice the chicken horizontally, but don’t slice it all the way through to the other side; the idea is to open it like a book.
- Cover it with plastic wrap and tenderize the meat using a meat hammer. Remove the plastic wrap.
- Season the chicken breast with salt, pepper, and dried basil.
- Squeeze the excess water from the spinach.
- Spread the spinach on the chicken breast, then lay the mushroom slices over it.
- Roll the chicken breast.
- Make egg wash by whisking the egg with milk.
- Coat the chicken roll with flour, then with egg wash, and finally with breadcrumbs.
- Put the roll in a ceramic baking dish and drizzle some olive oil on it.
- Roast the chicken roll for 35 minutes.
- Serve it warm, with potato mash.