Skip to content
Ingredients Needed for Spinach and Potato Soup With Egg in a Hole
4 ounces of baby spinach
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 spring onion, chopped
2 bay leaves
3 cups of stock
2 potatoes, diced
2 breads slices
1 teaspoon butter
½ cup flour
How to Make Spinach and Potato Soup With Egg in a Hole
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat, add water in it and bring it to a boil.
- Add the baby spinach and cook until it reduces.
- Heat the vegetable oil in another saucepan over medium heat and add the garlic.
- Add the spring onion, bay leaves, and carrot.
- Pour the stock and add the diced potato. Bring it to a boil, and add a pinch of salt.
- Reduce the heat, put a lid and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the spinach and cook it for 1 more minute.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, add butter in it and melt it. Use a 2 inch (5 cm) diameter cooking ring and remove the middle of the bread. Add them in the skillet.
- Crack the eggs in a small bowl and pour them in the bread hole you’ve just made.
- Cover the skillet with a lid and let it cook for 5-10 minutes, depending on your preferences.
- Serve the soup with the egg in a hole next to it!