Ingredients Needed for Spinach and Cheese Fried Sticks
4 ounces of cream cheese
2 ounces of mozzarella, shredded
½ cup flour
½ cup breadcrumbs
How to Cook Spinach and Cheese Fried Sticks
- Heat oil in a cast-iron skillet to a medium high temperature.
- Cook the spinach until it’s soft and has a darker color.
- Put the cooked spinach in a large bowl.
- Add the cream cheese. Mix the two together.
- Add the mozzarella and mix it in with a spoon.
- Coat a bowl with a sheet of parchment paper.
- Place the cheese in it in a square shape. Level it with a fork.
- Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Cut it in half and then in strips, by length.
- Make egg wash using an egg and some water.
- Dip the pieces of cheese and spinach in flour, egg wash, and breadcrumbs.
- Deep fry the pieces in a cast-iron skillet until golden.
- Serve with your favorite dip.