Ingredients Needed for Spinach and Cheese Bread
For the dough:
3 ½ cups of flour
1 teaspoon sugar
¼ cup olive oil
1 egg white
¼ cup milk
For the filling:
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 pound frozen spinach, thawed
¾ cup cottage cheese
1 egg yolk, whisked (for coating)
How to Cook Spinach and Cheese Bread
- Add the ingredients for the dough to the dough mixer bowl. Mix until you have a dough. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over low heat. Add the spinach, stir in and cook for 3 minutes.
- Transfer it to a bowl and add the cottage cheese and the egg. Season with salt and pepper. Mix until even and set aside.
- Dust the work surface with flour and place the dough on it. Cut it in half using a plastic knife.
- Take one half of the dough and flatten it using a rolling pin. Evenly spread 1/2 of the spinach-cheese mixture on it. Roll. Do the same with the other half of the dough and the remaining mixture.
- Place the two rolls side by side and braid them together. Carefully transfer to a roomy loaf pan. Coat with whisked yolk and bake for 50 minutes at 400⁰F/200⁰C.