Ingredients Needed for Spinach and Bacon Quiche
10 ounces of butternut squash, cubed
¼ cup coconut oil, melted
1 onion, diced
6 slices nitrate-free bacons, chopped
3 tablespoons of coconut milk
3.5 ounces of baby spinach
How to Cook Spinach and Bacon Quiche
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Add the butternut squash cubes to the tray. Drizzle about 1 tablespoon of coconut oil on them and sprinkle about 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt. Toss them and move to the oven. Roast for 40 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Heat the remaining coconut oil in a skillet. Add the diced onion. Stir and cook it until softens.
- Add the nitrate-free bacon and cook further until you fry it. Set aside.
- Crack the eggs in a bowl, add the coconut milk, and season with sea salt and pepper. Whisk.
- Add the onion and bacon mixture to the eggs. Also, add the baby spinach and stir to combine everything.
- Add the roasted butternut squash cubes to the bottom of a tart pan, then pour over the egg and spinach mixture.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 360°F/180°C.