Ingredients Needed for Spicy Pork Belly With Potato Wedges
1 pound pork belly
¼ cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons of water
1 teaspoon ginger powder
¼ cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon oil
How to Cook Spicy Pork Belly With Potato Wedges
- Preheat the oven to 365 degrees F/185 degrees C.
- Cut the pork belly in thick strips. Make 2-3 incisions on the top fatty side of the pork.
- Make a marinade out of brown sugar, salt, and water and whisk it.
- Squeeze a lemon over the bowl.
- Add the ginger powder, chili, and soy sauce.
- Place the belly pieces in the bowl and make sure they are dipped in the marinade.
- Cover the bowl and let them marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a cast-iron skillet to a medium high temperature.
- Fry the pieces of belly pork for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Put them on an oven tray over a sheet of parchment paper.
- Cook for 1 hour.
- Serve with potato wedges.