Ingredients Needed for Spicy Pastry Twists
2 ounces of fresh yeast
⅔ cup warm water
⅔ cup olive oil
1 ½ pounds of flour
2 tablespoons of paprika powder
2 tablespoons of oregano
1 tablespoon mixed spices
1 tablespoon himalayan salt
How to Cook Spicy Pastry Twists
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F/175 degrees C.
- Put the fresh yeast in a bowl and add the warm water. Stir it with a fork.
- Take another bowl and add the flour. Slowly add the yeast mixture while gently stirring the flour. Knead the dough until it has a sticky texture.
- Spread some flour on your working surface and add the dough in the middle of it. Knead the dough until firm, smooth, and elastic, for about 5 minutes.
- Take a rolling pin and roll out the dough, periodically lifting and turning it. Make it 0.1-inch (2-3 mm) thick.
- Use a rolling pin to evenly flatten sheet into a 12-14 inch (30-35 cm) disk.
- Sprinkle paprika powder, oregano, spice mix, and Himalayan salt over it. Spread the spices all over with your hands.
- Cut the dough into 0.6-inch (1.5 cm) strips.
- Catch each strip with your hands, holding it by the edges. Twist the edges in opposite directions. Do this until you use all the dough.
- Line a baking tray with a parchment paper. Place the twists in it and bake them for 15 minutes.
- Serve the twists warm or cold, with or without a dip.