Ingredients Needed for Spicy Fried Trout With Peas, Capers and Pesto
½ cup flour
1 teaspoon aromatic herb
½ teaspoon chili flakes
½ teaspoon five spices
½ teaspoon pepper
4 trouts fillets
vegetable oil for frying
1 teaspoon butter
¼ red bell pepper, diced
¼ yellow bell pepper, diced
3 ounces of green peas, canned
2 radishes es, cut into quarters
⅔ cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon caper
1 teaspoon pesto sauce
1 teaspoon lime juice, freshly squeezed
How to Cook Spicy Fried Trout With Peas, Capers and Pesto
- Mix in a bowl the flour with aromatic herbs, chili flakes, five spices, sea salt, pepper, fresh oregano leaves, lemon and lime slices.
- Coat the trout fillets with this mixture.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet.
- Fry the trout fillets together with the lemon and lime slices for 3-4 minutes. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in another skillet.
- Add the diced bell pepper (both red and yellow) and cook until they soften.
- Add the canned green peas and the radishes. Cook them together.
- Take another skillet and put it on low heat.
- Pour in it the heavy cream and add the capers, pesto sauce, and lime juice.
- Mix and simmer for 5-6 minutes, until you get a thick sauce.
- Season with herb salt and pepper.
- Serve the fried trout with green peas and pesto sauce.