Ingredients Needed for Spicy Cashew and Cauliflower Puree
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 medium onion, diced
½ cup cashews
1 ½ tablespoons of turmeric
4 cups of water
½ cup canned chickpeas
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
How to Cook Spicy Cashew and Cauliflower Puree
- Heat 1.5 tablespoons of olive oil in a pot over low heat and add the onion. Cook and stir until tender.
- Add the cashews. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Add the cauliflower florets and 1 tablespoon of turmeric and stir them in.
- Pour the water in and simmer for 20 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Season with salt and pepper, then puree the mixture using a hand blender. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a skillet over low heat. Add the chickpeas and season with cumin powder, the remaining turmeric, and the smoked paprika.
- Sautee the chickpeas until they start browning. Serve them over the cauliflower puree.