Ingredients Needed for Spiced Lamb and Pumpkin Casserole
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
10 ounces of lamb loin chops, medium cubes
1 red onion, julienne sliced
3 ounces of pumpkin, cubed
¼ cup raisin
½ teaspoon peppercorn
½ teaspoon cinnamon
0.5 tea spoon cumin
1 teaspoon paprika powder
½ teaspoon turmeric
2 garlic cloves, slices
0.5 inch - ginger root, peeled and diced
½ cup vegetable stock
½ cup heavy cream
How to Cook Spiced Lamb and Pumpkin Casserole
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet.
- Fry the lamb loin chops chunks on all sides, until well browned. Remove from the skillet and set them aside.
- In the same oil, throw the red onion and cook it for 2 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin and the raisins. Stir.
- Throw in the dry spices, garlic, and ginger.
- Add the fried lamb chops and the vegetable stock and simmer for about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the heavy cream and continue to simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Sprinkle some chopped parsley, before serving.