Calories: 454 kCal / serving
- 15 g
- 24 g
- 46 g
Ingredients Needed for Spiced French Toast
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon lemon zest
2 cinnamon sticks
2 star anise
1 tablespoon sugar
6 bread slices
2 whisked eggs
powdered sugar for serving
How to Make Spiced French Toast
- Start heating the milk in a cooking pot over low heat. Add the lemon zest, cinnamon sticks, and star anises. Whisk.
- Add the sugar and whisk until melted. Remove and discard the cinnamon sticks and star anises. Remove the milk from heat.
- Place the bread slices into a larger baking dish. Pour the spiced milk over them. Let them soak for a minute on both their sides, then coat each slice with whisked egg.
- Fill a saucepan halfway with vegetable oil and heat it. Deep-fry on both sides the milk-soaked bread until golden brown.
- Place them on paper towels and let them cool. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.