Ingredients Needed for Spiced Duck Leg Confit With Butternut Squash Puree
2 bay leaves
3 cinnamon sticks
3 star anise
1 nutmeg seed
1 teaspoon cloves
1 teaspoon allspice
1 teaspoon fennel seeds
2 duck legs
⅓ cup white wine vinegar
¼ cup vegetable oil
1 pound butternut squash, cubed
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 tablespoons of melted butter
How to Cook Spiced Duck Leg Confit With Butternut Squash Puree
- Add the duck legs and the spices to a heat-proof bowl. Pour over them the white wine vinegar and vegetable oil. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Add the butternut squash cubes and spread them evenly. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Roast for 20 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- Remove the duck legs from the oven. Transfer them together with the spices to a baking dish. Roast for 10 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- Remove the butternut squash from oven and transfer them to a bowl. Add the melted butter and mash using a hand blender.
- Strain the puree into another bowl helping yourself with a rubber spatula.
- Serve the duck legs with some squash puree. Optionally, you can garnish with orange slices and baby corn.