Ingredients Needed for Spiced Chickpea Curry
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 red onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
½ yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
0.5 ounce ginger, thinly sliced
½ teaspoon curry powder
½ teaspoon cumin powder
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon dried coriander
½ teaspoon turmeric
1 cup canned tomatoes
1 cup canned chickpeas
fresh parsley (optional)
How to Cook Spiced Chickpea Curry
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the red onion, yellow bell pepper, garlic, and ginger. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add all of the spices and give it a good stir.
- Add the canned tomatoes and chickpeas.
- Cook everything for 30 minutes.
- Serve the dish on a bed of rice and with some fresh parsley on top!