Ingredients Needed for Spiced Chicken With Sweet Potato Mash 2 sweet potatoes, cubed
1 teaspoon coriander seeds
10 ounces of chicken, sliced into strips
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 teaspoons of butter
1 red onion, chopped
½ cup heavy cream
½ teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon butter
How to Cook Spiced Chicken With Sweet Potato Mash
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat, add water in it and bring it to a boil.
- Add a pinch of salt and then the diced sweet potatoes. Cook them until fork tender.
- Crush the coriander seeds with a mortar. Add the chicken strips in a bowl. Season with coriander, oregano, and salt.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook it for 18-20 minutes.
- Next heat a separate skillet over medium heat and melt 1 teaspoon of butter. Add the red onion and cook it for 1 minute. Pour the heavy cream and add turmeric. Stir, and cook until the sauce thickens.
- Place the diced sweet potatoes in a large bowl. Add the remaining butter, egg yolk, salt, and pepper. Mash until smooth.
- Serve the chicken with the sweet potato mash and the heavy cream sauce!