Spanish omelet is a dish that is widely served in Spain and other Spanish speaking countries. It’s an omelet made with potatoes, onion, sometimes garlic, and it’s served cold, as an appetizer. It’s very easy to make, and it’s a good alternative for breakfast.
Ingredients Needed for Spanish Omelet
½ red bell pepper
vegetable oil for frying
How to Make Spanish Omelet
- Slice the potatoes, onion and chop the bell pepper.
- Heat a skillet, add the vegetable oil and start cooking the potatoes and the onion.
- Fry them for about 10-15 minutes, or until they start to be golden brown.
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl and whisk them.
- Drain the potatoes and onion of the fat, and add them to the eggs. Throw in the bell pepper and mix.
- Pour the egg mixture into another pan and cook for 8–10 minutes over a low heat.
- When ready, hold a large plate over the top of the pan and turn the pan upside down to flip the omelet onto the plate.
- Slice it in quarters, and serve!
This looks delicious. I already have dinner plans tonight, and tomorrow lunch defrosting. But this is on the menu for dinner tomorrow. This should appeal to all. Can’t wait and thanks for sharing.
We’re so glad, Arpita! 🎈 Thank you! 😀🙌