Spaghetti With Spinach
Not all spaghetti dishes truly belong to Italian cuisine. However, this spaghetti was indeed inspired to us by the “cucina italiana”. We could have used pecorino, but instead, we’ve settled for parmesan. Either way, this is not a vegetarian dish. Unless you use rennet-free cheese.
Ingredients Needed for Spaghetti With Spinach
7-8 ounces spaghetti
1 ounce of butter
2-3 garlic cloves, crushed
7-8 ounces cooked spinach
2-3 teaspoons olive oil
1 tablespoon water
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup grated parmesan
2-3 tablespoons ground walnuts
How to Make Spaghetti With Spinach
- Fill a medium pot halfway with water, salt it and bring to a boil.
- Add the spaghetti, cover with the lid and boil for 10-12 minutes more, then remove from heat.
- Heat a pan over low heat, add the butter and melt it, then stir in the garlic.
- Add the spinach and stir it in.
- Drizzle with olive oil, add the water and heavy cream, and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook and stir for 5-6 minutes.
- Stir in the parmesan and add the cooked spaghetti. Stir in the ground walnuts and remove from heat.