2 tablespoons olive oil
1 pound spaghetti
1 1/2 tablespoon parmesan, grated
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 medium-sized beetroot, chopped
1 tablespoon butter
- Fill a pot halfway with water, bring it to a boil, salt it, then add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the spaghetti.
- Boil them for 10-12 minutes. Set aside.
- Add the fresh basil and the remaining tablespoon of olive oil to a blender. Blend.
- Keep adding 1 tablespoon of parmesan, the garlic, and lemon juice. Season with salt and blend some more. Set aside.
- Add the beetroot to the blender, season with salt and pepper, add the remaining parmesan and blend. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a pan over low heat and add the cooked spaghetti.
- Mix the basil sauce and the blended beetroot in a bowl, then add them into the pan.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes and stir until even. Serve garnished with more grated parmesan.