Ingredients Needed for Spaghetti-Stuffed Giant Beef Meatball
For the beef mixture:
12 ounces of ground beef
½ cup panko
½ tablespoon dried oregano
½ tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
For the final dish:
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 cup low moisture mozzarella, grated
6 ounces of spaghetti
½ cup tomato sauce for serving
½ cup parmesan, grated (for serving)
2 ounces of cherry tomatoes, halved
fresh parsley for garnishing
How to Cook Spaghetti-Stuffed Giant Beef Meatball
- For the beef mixture:Add the ground beef, panko, egg, dried oregano, garlic powder, and onion powder to a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix using a spatula.
- For the spaghetti:Cook the spaghetti in a halfway water-filled cooking pot according to the instructions on the package. Salt the water and add some olive oil to it, too. Set aside. Optionally, you may mix the cooked spaghetti with some tomato sauce.
- For the final dish:Line a bowl with plastic wrap and transfer 2/3 of the beef mixture to the new bowl. Line the bowl with the beef mixture by gently pressing it.
- Add the tomato paste and spread it. Spread 1 cup of grated mozzarella and add the cooked spaghetti. Add on top the remaining 1/2 cup of mozzarella and seal with the remaining beef mixture.
- Wrap the plastic foil around this lump of meat, press gently, and turn it upside-down.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and carefully transfer the lump on it. Bake for 50 minutes at 380⁰F/190⁰C.
- Serve it topped with tomato sauce, grated parmesan, and cherry tomatoes. Garnish with chopped parsley.