Ingredients Needed for Spaghetti and Meatballs
7 ounces of chicken mince
1 mince d
⅓ cup breadcrumbs
vegetable oil for frying
6 ounces of spaghetti
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 garlic cloves
1 cup tomato sauce
1 teaspoon chili flakes
How to Cook Spaghetti and Meatballs
- Crack the egg and whisk it.
- In order to make the meatball mixture, use a large bowl and combine the chicken mince with whisked egg, onion, parsley, and breadcrumbs. Pinch off a piece of the meat mixture and gently roll between your hands to form small meatballs, around 1 1-2 inch (2,5 cm – 4 cm) in diameter. Continue shaping until all the meat is used.
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet on high-heat. Add the meatballs and fry them for about 5 minutes, while turning them on all sides, to evenly cook them. Remove the meatballs from the heat and leave them aside until you make the sauce.
- Separately, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the spaghetti and cook them according to the instructions on the package.
- For the spaghetti sauce, add the olive oil in a heated skillet and throw in the garlic cloves. Leave them on heat for about half a minute in order for them to leave their flavor in the pan. Add the tomato sauce and bring to a simmer. Season with chili flakes, salt and pepper. Add the meatballs and stir so that they can absorb the sauce. Cook for 2 minutes more. Add some chopped parsley on top.
- Top the spaghetti with the meatballs and serve them with shredded parmesan!