Ingredients Needed for Soy Sauce Glazed Mushrooms with Refreshing Salad
2 celery sticks
½ teaspoon sea salt
7 ounces of champignon mushrooms
3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
2 star anise
¼ cup soy sauce
2 garlic cloves
½ teaspoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon fish sauce
1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
0.5 ounce peanuts, roasted
How to Cook Soy Sauce Glazed Mushrooms with Refreshing Salad
- Fill a medium bowl with cold water.
- Use a peeler and cut thin slices of celery and cucumber. Add the slices to the cold water.
- Slice the radishes and add them in the same bowl.
- Add the sea salt and mix. Set aside about 10 minutes.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet and throw in the mushrooms.
- Add some salt and pepper and stir-fry them.
- When the mushrooms are turning light-brown, add the star anises and soy sauce. Mix and simmer.
- Crush the garlic and add it to the skillet.
- In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch with 1/4 cup (65 ml) of water. Add the cornstarch mixture to the skillet and mix uninterrupted until the sauce thickens.
- When the mushrooms are cooked, remove the vegetables from brine and put them in a bowl. Add the olive oil, fish sauce, white wine vinegar, grind some salt with chili flakes, and fresh pepper.
- Add the roasted peanuts and toss.
- Serve the mushrooms with boiled rice and veggie salad.