Calories: 569 kCal / serving
- 17 g
- 29 g
- 44 g
Ingredients Needed for Soy Sauce Chicken
0.75 inch ginger root
3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
3.5 ounces of chicken breast strips
2 teaspoons of soy sauce
½ red onion
½ red bell pepper, sliced
1 teaspoon cornstarch
How to Make Soy Sauce Chicken
- Peel the ginger root and fry it in 2 tablespoons of heated vegetable oil for about 1 minute.
- Remove the ginger from the skillet and add the chicken strips. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add 1 teaspoon of soy sauce and cook until the chicken is ready.
- In another skillet, heat the remaining vegetable oil.
- Cut the onion julienne and fry it.
- Add the canned mushrooms and the remaining soy sauce.
- Add the red bell pepper and cook them together.
- In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch with ¼ cup of water and pour that mixture over the mushrooms, to make a sauce.
- Add the chicken strips over the mushrooms mixture.
- Serve the ginger aromatic chicken on a bed of cooked rice. If you want, sprinkle some chopped chives on it!