Ingredients Needed for Sous-Vide Spiced Steak With Sauteed Potatoes and Shimeji
8 ounces of rib eye beef
1 medium potato, cubed and cooked
3 tablespoons of melted butter
3 star anise
4 cinnamon sticks
2 teaspoons of olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
4 small potatoes, blanched
2 ounces of shimeji mushrooms
2 ounces of sun-dried tomato
4 ounces of baby spinach
How to Cook Sous-Vide Spiced Steak With Sauteed Potatoes and Shimeji
- Add the steak, cooked potato, melted butter, star anise, and cinnamon sticks to a vacuum sealing bag. Season with salt and pepper, then drain the air out using a vacuum sealer.
- Submerge the vacuum pouch inside the sous-vide cooking machine. Sous-vide for 150 minutes at 131⁰F/55⁰C.
- Transfer the cooked steak on the grill. Also, place on the steak 2 – 3 cinnamon sticks from the vacuum cooking pouch. Grill for 6 minutes on both sides. Set aside.
- Add the olive oil and butter in a skillet over low heat. Melt the butter.
- Add the blanched potatoes. Stir them in and coat them entirely with oil and melted butter.
- Add the shimeji mushrooms. Cook and stir for one minute.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes and baby spinach. Stir them in and cook for 1 more minute. Serve with steak.