Ingredients Needed for Sour Cherry Jam Donuts
2 cups of flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
½ teaspoon saffron
½ teaspoon lime zest
1 tablespoon vanilla sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups of cottage cheese
vegetable oil for frying
2 tablespoons of powdered sugar
½ cup sour cherry jam
whipped cream for serving
How to Cook Sour Cherry Jam Donuts
- Put the flour, the baking powder, and the saffron in a medium bowl. Mix them very well.
- Add the lime zest.
- Crack the eggs and separate the yolks from the whites.
- Over the ingredients from the bowl, add the egg yolks, the vanilla sugar, the vanilla extract and the cottage cheese.
- Combine everything with a spoon until you make a dough.
- Stretch the dough on your workspace and cut round shapes 1.5-inch diameter.
- In the middle of every round dough, cut a smaller circle, using a small glass. You will obtain some small circles and some dough rings.
- With the smaller circles make little balls, using your hands.
- In a saucepan, heat vegetable oil. Fry the dough rings both sides, until light golden brown.
- Fry the dough balls.
- Place one fried ring on a plate. Sprinkle powdered sugar over it.
- Put some sour cherry in the center of the rings.
- Top with one fried ball and sprinkle powdered sugar.
- Serve with whipped cream.