Sour Cherry Jam Donuts
When you’re craving for some donuts, don’t buy them from the store! Make at home these cottage cheese rings and fill them with sour cherry jam. Or whatever jam you like most. And serve with whipped cream.
Ingredients Needed for Sour Cherry Jam Donuts
2 cups of flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
½ teaspoon saffron
½ teaspoon lime zest
1 tablespoon vanilla sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups of cottage cheese
vegetable oil for frying
2 tablespoons of powdered sugar
½ cup sour cherry jam
whipped cream for serving
How to Make Sour Cherry Jam Donuts
- Put the flour, the baking powder, and the saffron in a medium bowl. Mix them very well.
- Add the lime zest.
- Crack the eggs and separate the yolks from the whites.
- Over the ingredients from the bowl, add the egg yolks, the vanilla sugar, the vanilla extract and the cottage cheese.
- Combine everything with a spoon until you make a dough.
- Stretch the dough on your workspace and cut round shapes 1.5-inch diameter.
- In the middle of every round dough, cut a smaller circle, using a small glass. You will obtain some small circles and some dough rings.
- With the smaller circles make little balls, using your hands.
- In a saucepan, heat vegetable oil. Fry the dough rings both sides, until light golden brown.
- Fry the dough balls.
- Place one fried ring on a plate. Sprinkle powdered sugar over it.
- Put some sour cherry in the center of the rings.
- Top with one fried ball and sprinkle powdered sugar.
- Serve with whipped cream.