Smoked Salmon Cheesy Risotto
Risotto is such a versatile dish! There are countless ingredients you can add to the recipe and many ways of cooking it. For this one, we’ve flavored the risotto with white wine and lemon juice and paired it with some smoked salmon and cream cheese. It may seem a different approach to the classic dish, but we dearly invite you to try!
Ingredients Needed for Smoked Salmon Cheesy Risotto
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon butter
1 onion, chopped
1 cup risotto rice
1 cup white wine
2 cups of vegetable stock
3.5 ounces of smoked salmon
2 tablespoons of parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon cream cheese
How to Make Smoked Salmon Cheesy Risotto
- Heat the vegetable oil and butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook until translucent.
- Add the risotto rice and white wine.
- Gradually add the stock and cook, stirring frequently for 20-25 minutes.
- Add the smoked salmon and season with pepper.
- Squeeze the juice out of the lemon. Shred the zest out of the lemon.
- Add the cream cheese, parsley, and stir until smooth.
- Cook for 2 minutes and remove from the heat.
- You can serve the dish with some more smoked salmon and arugula leaves.