Ingredients Needed for Slow Cooker Chicken Soup
5 ounces of bacon, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
4 boneless chicken thighs
2 small carrots, thinly sliced
1 leek, thinly sliced
1 celery stick, thinly sliced
2 ½ cups of chicken broth
4 small potatoes
2 thyme sprigs
3.5 ounces of spinach
How to Make Slow Cooker Chicken Soup
- Heat a skillet over low-medium heat and add the thinly sliced bacon.
- Cook it until the fat melts and it becomes crispy. Take out the bacon.
- Add 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil in the remaining fat and add the chicken thighs.
- Cook them until crispy for around 4 minutes.
- Heat the remaining oil in another skillet and add the carrots, celery, and leek. Season with salt, pepper, and give it a good stir.
- Pour 1/2 cup of broth, add the bacon and bring to a boil. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Move the chicken thighs and veggies in the slow-cooker. Pour the remaining broth and add the potatoes and thyme.
- Stir and cover with a lid.
- Cook on “low” for the next 5 hours.
- Remove the lid and add the spinach. Cook for 30 more minutes at the same temperature.