Slow Cooked Spiced Pork Belly
If you’re not afraid to experiment with different flavors and spices, then you should try this slow cooked pork belly! The meat is infused with dried spices like red peppercorns, cloves, mustard seeds, chilies and fresh rosemary, thyme and oregano. After 5 hours in the crockpot, the meat will melt in your mouth in an explosion of tastes!
Ingredients Needed for Slow Cooked Spiced Pork Belly
14 ounces of pork belly
1 red onion, cut into quarters
1 tablespoon red peppercorns
2 garlic cloves
1 tablespoon mustard seeds
1 chili pepper
2 cups of vegetable stock
How to Make Slow Cooked Spiced Pork Belly
- Slice the pork belly and put the meat in a crockpot.
- Add the onion, red and white peppercorns, garlic, whole chili, and fresh herbs.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil over the pork belly.
- Season with salt and grate some nutmeg on top.
- Cover the crockpot and cook on high heat for 5 hours.
- Serve the pork belly with a side of your choosing.