Ingredients Needed for Slow Cooked Beef Bourguignon
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
3 slices of bacon, chopped
14 ounces of flank steak, thick chunks
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 carrot, thinly sliced
1 celery stick, thinly sliced
3 mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 cup red wine
½ cup tomato sauce
2 cups of beef stock
3 bay leaves
How to Cook Slow Cooked Beef Bourguignon
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chopped bacon and cook it until golden. Add the flank steak and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until the beef is evenly browned.
- Next, heat the remaining oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the thinly sliced veggies (carrot, celery, onion, and mushrooms).
- Season with thyme, stir and cook the veggies for 1-2 minutes.
- Set up your slow cooker and add the veggies in it. Season with thyme and give it a good stir.
- Add the beef, bacon, and pour the red wine and tomato sauce.
- Pour the beef stock, add the bay leaves and cover it with a lid.
- Set the slow cooker at “low” and cook it for the next 6-8 hours.
- You can serve the dish with a bowl of pasta!