Ingredients Needed for Skillet Rice and Red Cabbage Egg-Wrap
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
½ small onion, chopped
2 ounces of broccoli florets
1 green chili, sliced
1 cup red cabbage, chopped
1 ounce black olives, pitted and sliced
3 fresh basil leaves, chopped
½ cup cooked rice
3 eggs, whisked
How to Cook Skillet Rice and Red Cabbage Egg-Wrap
- Heat the oil in a skillet over low heat. Add the onion and stir for a few seconds. Add the broccoli and do the same. Add the chili, season with salt and pepper and stir them in.
- Add the red cabbage, stir for a few seconds, then add the olives, basil, and stir them in, too. Add the cooked rice. Cook and stir for up to 1 minute. Transfer the cooked mixture to 2 serving bowls.
- Heat the same skillet over low heat and add one whisked egg. Rotate the skillet so that the batter spreads evenly.
- Cook on both sides until golden and spotty brown, or for approximately 1 minute. Set the crepe aside. Do the same for the other whisked egg.
- Place a flat plate upside down over one of the rice mixture bowls, then turn over. Remove the bowl and you’re left with a rice mixture lump on the plate. Cover this with one egg crepe. Do the same for the other rice mixture bowl.