Simple Red Lentils
Lentils are an excellent substitute for meat, being rich in protein, fiber, and iron. Plus, they’re also cheap, so they are budget-friendly as well. They take about 15 minutes to cook, so they’re also great for when you’re in a hurry.
Ingredients Needed for Simple Red Lentils
1 cup red lentils
2 cups of water
How to Make Simple Red Lentils
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat and add the red lentils.
- Pour the water and season with salt.
- Bring to a boil and cook the red lentils for the next 5 minutes.
- Drain the water out of the lentils using a strainer.
- Remember: the water/lentil ratio should be 2:1