Ingredients Needed for Shrimp, Smoked Sausage and Red Bean Skillet Stew
1 ounce butter
3 ounces shrimp
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 red onion, minced
10 ounces smoked sausage, cut into larger chunks
1 cup canned red beans
½ cup tomato paste
½ cup water
1 chili, sliced
How to Make Shrimp, Smoked Sausage and Red Bean Skillet Stew
- Melt the butter in a pan over low heat.
- Add the shrimp, season with salt and pepper, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan over low-medium heat, then add the onion. Cook and stir until tender.
- Add the sausage and red beans. You can also add a little more oil if you feel like it. Cook and stir for 3-4 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the tomato paste and water. Stir some more.
- Add the chili, season with salt, pepper, and thyme, and stir. Cover with the lid and cook for 15 minutes.