Ingredients Needed for Shrimp in Spicy Tomato Sauce
2 tablespoons of butter
1 onion, chopped
1 celery stick, thinly sliced
1 red bell pepper, chopped
5 mushrooms, sliced
1 cup canned tomatoes
1 cup heavy cream
1 pound shrimp
1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon fresh basil leaves, chopped
How to Cook Shrimp in Spicy Tomato Sauce
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, celery, bell pepper, and mushrooms. Stir and cook until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add the canned tomatoes, reduce the heat and simmer about 5 minutes, until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Add the heavy cream, shrimp, jalapeno, and lemon juice. Stir and simmer for 7 minutes.
- Add fresh basil, salt, and pepper to taste.