Ingredients Needed for Shimeji Mushroom Soup
1 ounce butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 red onion, sliced
2 medium carrots, sliced
3 ounces of shimeji mushrooms
5 ounces of canned mushrooms
2 ½ cups of water
How to Cook Shimeji Mushroom Soup
- Melt the butter in a pot over low-medium heat. Add the olive oil, onion, and carrots. Cook and stir until tender.
- Add the shimeji mushrooms and stir them in.
- Season with 2-3 bay leaves and add the canned mushroom mix. Stir them in and season with salt and pepper in the process.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of fresh thyme, stir it in, then add the water. Boil for 25 minutes.
- Serve garnished with more fresh thyme.