Ingredients Needed for Shimeji Mushroom and Potato Pie
5 medium potatoes
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large onion, diced
butter for coating
3 ounces of cheddar, cubed
5 ounces of shimeji mushrooms
fresh parsley, chopped (for garnishing)
jalapeno, sliced (for garnishing)
How to Cook Shimeji Mushroom and Potato Pie
- Fill a pot halfway with water, salt it and heat it.
- Add the potatoes and boil for 30 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over low heat and add the onion. Cook and stir for 6 minutes. Set aside.
- Slice the cooked potatoes. Set them aside.
- Add the eggs to a bowl and whisk them.
- Add the cooked onion and stir it in.
- Line a 10-inch springform pan with parchment paper and coat it with butter.
- Add the sliced potatoes first, then add the Cheddar and the shimeji mushrooms. Pour the whisked egg mixture over them.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350⁰F/175⁰C.