Calories: 687 kCal / serving
- 21 g
- 42 g
- 63 g
Ingredients Needed for Sesame Shrimp With Rice Noodles
8 ounces of rice noodles
2 cups of boiled water
2 egg yolks, whisked
2 tablespoons of water
½ cup white sesame seeds
2 tablespoons of flour
1 tablespoon five-spice powder
7 ounces of shrimp
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 garlic cloves
¼ cup tomato juice
2 tablespoons of honey
spring onion for garnishing, chopped
How to Make Sesame Shrimp With Rice Noodles
- Add the noodles to a bowl and submerge them in boiled water. Let them soak for 10 minutes.
- Add the yolks and the two tablespoons of water to a small bowl and whisk.
- Add the sesame seeds, flour, and five-spice powder to another bowl, season with salt and pepper, and mix.
- Cover the shrimp with yolk and spiced sesame-flour mixture.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat and fry the shrimp on both sides until golden brown. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over low heat, cook and stir the crushed garlic for 30 seconds, then add the tomato juice and honey. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve the shrimp with the noodles, topped with tomato and honey sauce and garnished with spring onion.