Calories: 392 kCal / serving
- 5 g
- 29 g
- 83 g
Ingredients Needed for Sea Buckthorn Berry Cake
7 ounces of petit beurre biscuits
2 ounces of walnuts
¼ cup melted butter
1 pound sea buckthorn berries
1 ½ cups of sugar
2 tablespoons of gelatine
1 teaspoon orange zest
1 ½ cups of heavy whipping cream
⅓ cup powdered sugar
How to Make Sea Buckthorn Berry Cake
- Add the biscuits, walnuts, and melted butter to a mixer bowl. Mix until even. Transfer to an 8-inch springform pan evenly spread it and press it gently.
- Add the sea buckthorn berries and sugar to a cooking pot over low heat. Stir them in, then simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Transfer them to a blender. Blend until smooth, then strain in a bowl. Discard the pulp and seeds.
- Add the gelatine and orange zest. Mix until even and set aside.
- Add the whipping cream to a bowl. Start whipping using a hand mixer. Add the powdered sugar in the process. Whip until firm.
- Add the buckthorn mixture and mix until even. Transfer to the springform pan and spread it evenly. Refrigerate for 6 – 7 hours.