Sea Buckthorn Berry Cake
The sea buckthorn berries do not get the recognition they deserve. This fall fruit with its sharp taste is very, very healthy. Toss walnuts into the overall creamy mixture and prepare to be amazed. However, your patience will be put to the test for 6 to 7 hours refrigeration time. But it’ll be worth the wait.
Ingredients Needed for Sea Buckthorn Berry Cake
7 ounces of petit beurre biscuits
2 ounces of walnuts
¼ cup melted butter
1 pound sea buckthorn berries
1 ½ cups of sugar
2 tablespoons of gelatine
1 teaspoon orange zest
1 ½ cups of heavy whipping cream
⅓ cup powdered sugar
How to Make Sea Buckthorn Berry Cake
- Add the biscuits, walnuts, and melted butter to a mixer bowl. Mix until even. Transfer to an 8-inch springform pan evenly spread it and press it gently.
- Add the sea buckthorn berries and sugar to a cooking pot over low heat. Stir them in, then simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Transfer them to a blender. Blend until smooth, then strain in a bowl. Discard the pulp and seeds.
- Add the gelatine and orange zest. Mix until even and set aside.
- Add the whipping cream to a bowl. Start whipping using a hand mixer. Add the powdered sugar in the process. Whip until firm.
- Add the buckthorn mixture and mix until even. Transfer to the springform pan and spread it evenly. Refrigerate for 6 – 7 hours.