Ingredients Needed for Sea Bream With Tomato Sauce and Rice
2 sea breams s, cleaned and gutted, approximately 1 pound
3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, sliced
5 ounces of rice
1 cup tomato sauce
1 cup water
½ cup flour
vegetable oil for frying
How to Cook Sea Bream With Tomato Sauce and Rice
- Place both the fish on a wooden board and rub them with salt, both on the inside and on the outside.
- For making the rice: heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a skillet. Add the onion, 1 garlic clove and a pinch of salt. Cook them until browned. Add the rice and 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil. Cook it for 2 more minutes, while stirring.
- Heat a saucepan, fill it with water and bring it to a boil. Add the rice and cook it for 15 minutes.
- For making the sauce, heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a skillet, and add the remaining garlic. Add the tomato sauce, and 1 cup of water. Season with salt and pepper.
- Coat the fish with flour. Heat a skillet and add a nice amount of vegetable oil. Let it reach medium heat. Fry the fish for 3 minutes per side.
- Serve the fish with tomato sauce on top, and next to a bowl of rice. Garnish with some parsley on top.