Ingredients Needed for Sea Bream and Tiger Prawns With Sauteed Vegetables
For the veggies: 1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
1 medium carrot, boiled
1 ounce canned artichoke
4 ounces of asparagus, boiled (5 stalks)
¼ small celery root
0.5 medium beetroot
2 ounces of cherry tomatoes
salt For the sauce: 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
1 small red onion, diced
⅔ cup white wine
2 ounces of butter
1 ounce capers
¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
2 teaspoons of lemon juice For the seafood: 2 egg whites
¼ cup beer
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
10 ounces of sea bream
flour for coating
2 tiger prawns
vegetable oil for frying
How to Cook Sea Bream and Tiger Prawns With Sauteed Vegetables
- Add the olive oil and butter to a skillet over low heat.
- As the butter melts add the boiled carrot, artichoke, asparagus, celery, beetroot, and cherry tomatoes. Season with salt and saute for up to 2 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over low heat and add the onion. Cook and stir until tender.
- Add the white wine and butter. Cook and continuously stir until the butter melts.
- Add the capers and stir them in. Add the parsley and stir it in. Cook and continuously stir until reduced by half. Add the lemon juice in the process.
- Add the egg whites to a bowl and start whisking them. Add the beer, flour, and baking powder as you whisk. Season with salt, too.
- Add the flour to a tray. Feel a frying pan halfway with vegetable oil and heat it.
- Coat the fillets and prawns with flour and beer batter and transfer them to the frying pan. Deep-fry for 6 – 8 minutes on both sides.
- Serve the cooked veggies together with the fried seafood. Season with sauce. Optionally, serve with lime wedges.