Ingredients Needed for Scallops With Parsnip Puree
For the parsnip puree:
2 medium-sized parsnips
vegetable oil for frying
1 ounce butter
1 teaspoon curry powder
¼ cup milk
2 tablespoons of heavy cream
For the mushrooms:
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 small onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
3.5 ounces of mushroom, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon butter
½ cup red wine
1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
For the rest of the recipe:
1 tablespoon olive oil
6 teaspoons of salmon roe
broccoli sprouts, for serving
How to Cook Scallops With Parsnip Puree
- Place the parsnips on your wooden board and peel them. Slice off a few shreds (7-8 should be enough).
Slice them into halves and then thinly slice them horizontally.
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and fry the parsnip skins until browned. Leave them aside.
- Next, heat a skillet over medium heat, add butter in it and melt it. Add the sliced parsnips. Season with salt, pepper, and curry powder. Add the milk and reduce the heat.
Let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Pour the heavy cream and blend everything until smooth.
- Next, heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, mushrooms, and butter.
- Season with salt, pepper, and add cloves. Cook for 2 minutes, add the red wine and worcestershire sauce. Cook until the sauce reduces.
- Add the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the scallops and sear them for 1.5 minutes per side.
- Set up your serving plate. Lay the parsnip puree with a teaspoon add the scallops on top. Lay the sautéed mushrooms next to them along with the fried parsnip skins.
- Top each scallop with 1 teaspoon of salmon roe.