Ingredients Needed for Scalloped Sweet Potato Roll
For the sweet potatoes:
1 cup parmesan, grated
3 medium sweet potatoes, thinly sliced
For the ground beef mixture:
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
3 onions, diced
1½ pound of ground beef
1 cup tomato sauce
¼ cup fresh parsley
For the roll:
1 cup Cheddar, grated
How to Cook Scalloped Sweet Potato Roll
- For the sweet potatoes:Line a baking tray with parchment paper and evenly spread 1/2 cup of parmesan on it.
- Layer the slices of sweet potatoes so that they partially overlap each other. Spread the remaining parmesan and bake for 25 minutes at 380⁰F/190⁰C.
- For the ground beef mixture:Add the vegetable oil and diced onions to a skillet over low heat. Cook and stir until tender.
- Add the ground beef. Cook and stir until brown.
- Add the tomato sauce and stir for 10-15 seconds. Season with salt and pepper, then cook for 10-12 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Add the fresh parsley, stir for 1 minute, and set aside.
- Assemble the roll:Spread 1/2 cup of Cheddar over the sweet potato layer, then evenly spread the ground beef. Top with the remaining grated Cheddar.
- Carefully roll everything, then wrap with the parchment paper. Bake for 10 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.