Ingredients Needed for Savory Chicken Fajitas
1 teaspoon cumin powder
½ jalapeno, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon chili powder
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tablespoons of fresh parsley, chopped
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 pound chicken breast
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 onion, julienne sliced
0.5 green bell pepper, julienne sliced
½ red bell pepper, julienne sliced
½ yellow bell pepper, julienne sliced
0.5 orange bell pepper, julienne sliced
1 teaspoon butter
3 tortilla wraps
How to Make Savory Chicken Fajitas
- Add the cumin, jalapeno, chili powder, garlic, and parsley in a bowl. Mix with the lemon juice and canola oil.
- Add the chicken breast and let it marinate for 30 seconds.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and cook it for 8 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, add the remaining oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and bell peppers.
- Season with salt, pepper, add the butter and melt it. Cook the veggies for 2-3 minutes.
- Thinly slice the meat and serve it on a bed of tortilla next to a few veggies.
- You can serve the tortilla with guacamole.