Ingredients Needed for Sauteed Shrimp in Tomato Sauce
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
10 ounces of shrimp
1 small red onion, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
2 tablespoons of water
1 ½ cups of tomato sauce
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon sugar
¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
4 ounces of feta cheese, crumbled
1 lemon, sliced
fresh oregano leaves
How to Cook Sauteed Shrimp in Tomato Sauce
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the shrimp and season them with salt and pepper. Cook them for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the remaining oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook them until translucent.
- Add the tomato sauce and water. Season with oregano, garlic, and sugar. Stir and add some salt and pepper.
- Add the shrimp, parsley, give it a stir, and take the pan away from the heat.
- Top the dish with some crumbled feta, lemon slices, and fresh oregano.
- Slide the skillet into the oven for the next 25 minutes at 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.