Ingredients Needed for Sausage, Red Pepper and Onion Sandwich
1 red onion
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 teaspoon brown sugar
3 tablespoons of mustard
1 tablespoon honey
1 pork sausage
How to Cook Sausage, Red Pepper and Onion Sandwich
- Slice the red pepper and the onion.
- Heat a skillet, add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil, and throw in the veggies.
- After about half of minute, add a pinch of brown sugar and stir. Cook for about 1 more minute and turn off the heat.
- Mix the mustard with honey and season with salt and pepper. Stir until smooth.
- Heat a skillet, add the remaining vegetable oil and cook the sausage for about 2-3 minutes. After it’s done, slice it in 3 and then slice it again lengthwise. Spread each slice of bread with the mustard sauce. Top it with sausages and cooked veggies.
- Garnish with chives!